OTTAWA — Members of the Canadian House of Commons voted 200 to 82 Monday to approve legislation that seeks to legalize and regulate the adult use cannabis market. Liberal Party members, including Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, back the measure, which now faces debate in the Senate. The Cannabis Act, Bill C-45, amends the federal Controlled Drugs and Substances Act […]
Following marijuana legalization Proposition 64’s 57% victory at the polls last November, the California State Senate has joined Hawaii, Washington and Iowa and the nation’s governors in asking the federal US government to take marijuana out of its schedule 1 classification under the Controlled Substances Act. There is already a bill in Congress to […]
NEW YORK — A new poll shows that 62% of New York voters support making marijuana use legal for adults 21 and older, with only 28% opposed. The poll, conducted by Emerson College and commissioned by the Marijuana Policy Project Foundation and the Drug Policy Alliance, was conducted from Nov. 16-18 and surveyed 600 registered voters from […]
More Articles ...
- New Mexico study finds legalizing MMJ reduces opioid use
- Kidnapped man about to be traded for 30 lbs of marijuana escapes car trunk at Mexican border
- Outgoing NJ Gov. Christie calls marijuana taxes "blood money"
- Veterans are key as surge of states OK medical pot for PTSD
- Marijuana odor from cultivation center continues to seep into north Boulder
- Why some communities are pushing back hard against California cannabis farms
- A grow of your very own: Nation's capital a hotbed for DIY cannabis
- Pioneering women in cannabis industry losing ground, author says