TRENTON, NJ — On Monday, November 26, New Jersey Senate and Assembly lawmakers voted in favor of legislation that seeks to regulate the adult use marijuana market. Members of a 26-member joint committee decided to move forward the legislation: Senate Bill 2703 and Assembly Bill 4497: The New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory and Expungement Aid Modernization Act. Lawmakers […]
LOMA LINDA, CA — A history of cannabis use is not associated with an increased likelihood of adverse outcomes among either those donating or receiving kidney organ transplants, according to data published in the Clinical Kidney Journal. A team of California researchers assessed whether cannabis use detrimentally impacts the health of those undergoing kidney transplants. Hospital staff in several […]
Alex Park and his two partners wanted to grow cannabis commercially without using an excessive amount of energy, a problem that has plagued indoor marijuana cultivation.
The post Boulder-based Vera aims to take high energy use out of marijuana cultivation equation appeared first on The Cannabist.
He described marijuana as a “very real danger” and has said its effects are “only slightly less awful” than those of heroin.
The post Marijuana movement energized with Sessions out as attorney general appeared first on The Cannabist.
On Tuesday, November 6th, Indiana voters took their final opportunity to vote in the 2018 midterm election. While Indiana did not have the opportunity to vote directly on cannabis propositions as in other states, there were numerous candidates on the ballot supportive of reforming our cannabis laws. Many of them did not win their races, […]
LA GRANGE, IL — Regulating the adult use and sale of marijuana to adults would yield an estimated $525 million dollars in new annual revenue, according to an economic analysis published by the Illinois Economic Policy Institute. Authors estimate that regulating marijuana would reallocate $18.4 million annually in law enforcement costs, while creating over 23,000 new jobs, […]
One of the US Senate’s leading marijuana prohibitionists, Iowa Republican Charles “Chuck” Grassley, will no longer be heading the Senate Judiciary Committee in the 116th Congress. Senator Grassley announced today that he is stepping down as Chair of the Committee. As Chair, Grassley refused to hold any hearings or votes on marijuana-related legislation, including bipartisan legislative efforts like the STATES […]
JERUSALEM, ISRAEL — The daily administration of CBD-dominant cannabis extracts is associated with improved outcomes in adolescents with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and severe behavioral problems, according to clinical data published in the Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders. Israeli researchers assessed the efficacy of whole-plant cannabis extracts in a cohort of children with ASD. Participants were administered […]
SAN DIEGO, CA — The enactment of state laws regulating the use of marijuana by adults is associated with a reduction in the use of schedule III opioid drugs among Medicaid enrollees, according to data published in the journal Drug and Alcohol Dependence. Investigators with the University of California, San Diego assessed the relationship between recreational marijuana access […]
Two years after suing to keep medical marijuana off the ballot, on Tuesday, Jean Peters Baker, the Jackson County Prosecuting Attorney, announced that her office will stop prosecuting most marijuana possession cases. In June of this year, the St. Louis City Prosecuting Attorney, Kim Gardner, took similar action on simple possession cases of up to […]
More Articles ...
- Legal Marijuana Sales to Begin in Massachusetts on Tuesday
- With New York on Brink of Marijuana Legalization, Conference Lays Out Blueprint for Legalization Rooted in Racial, Economic, and Social Justice
- Massachusetts Marijuana Sales Begin; Rep. Joe Kennedy Supports Legalization
- Taxes From Oregon’s Retail Marijuana Sales Exceed Initial Projections
- New York Governor to Support Marijuana Legalization Bill in 2019
- Incoming House Rules Chairman Pledges to Allow Floor Votes on Marijuana-Related Amendments
- Michigan: Gov-Elect Considering Using Clemency Powers to Free Those Incarcerated for Marijuana-Related Convictions
- Marijuana is getting cheaper. For Colorado and some states, that's a problem
- Gov. John Hickenlooper issues health warning on marijuana cultivated by Colorado Wellness Centers
- First recreational marijuana dispensary opens in Longmont city limits
- Man sentenced to 3 years in prison for illegal marijuana operation in San Isabel National Forest
- Study: Medical Cannabis Offsets Chemotherapy-Related Adverse Events
- Review Paper: Marijuana’s Driving Impact Less Than That of Alcohol
- Study: Patients With Tourette Syndrome Report Benefits from Cannabis
- Plant-Derived Marijuana Medicine Now Available in US Pharmacies