The Alaska Marijuana Control Board, which oversees the state’s regulatory system for cannabis, has released proposed rules governing on-site consumption of cannabis at approved locations. Members of the public are invited to review and provide written comments on the proposed rules by 4:30 p.m. on November 1. A link to the state’s page announcing the proposed […]
TEL AVIV, ISRAEL — Most Israeli pain specialists with an opinion on the issue believe that cannabis is a safe and effective analgesic agent, according to survey data published in the Journal of Pain Research. Investigators surveyed the opinions of over half of all practicing pain clinicians in Israel. The Israeli government has regulated the […]
Marijuana's main mind-altering ingredient was detected in nursing mothers' breast milk in a small study that comes amid evidence that more U.S. women are using pot during pregnancy and afterward.
The post Mind-altering breast milk? New marijuana study poses that question. appeared first on The Cannabist.
New mandatory marijuana pesticide testing in Colorado is putting a financial squeeze on local cultivators to the tune of thousands of dollars in increased costs.
The post Mandatory testing costly for Colorado marijuana growers appeared first on The Cannabist.
Denver's licensing director signed off Friday on the city's second license for a marijuana consumption area in a business, paving the way for a vaping bar and lounge to open this fall on South Broadway.
The post Denver's second licensed social marijuana business to open this fall as vaping bar and lounge appeared first on The Cannabist.
SAN DIEGO, CA — The establishment of medical cannabis dispensaries within close proximity of schools does not make teens more susceptible to using marijuana, according to data published in the Journal of Adolescent Health. Researchers from UC San Diego examined the association between the establishment of medical marijuana dispensaries in school neighborhoods and teen use patterns in California. […]
If you are heading to Burning Man this year, you may be thinking about bringing cannabis to the playa, since Nevada has legalized marijuana. Not so fast! Before you head out, there are some important things you need to know: Burning man is held on FEDERAL land, and the Bureau of Land Management will enforce federal law, which unfortunately […]
Just a few weeks after Delaware NORML made the trek down to Washington DC, Senator Tom Carper (D-DE) cosponsored The Marijuana Freedom and Opportunity Act (S. 3174), far-reaching legislation that would end the federal prohibition of marijuana and provide resources to expunge the criminal records of those who suffer the collateral consequences of a possession charge. […]
Students in Illinois who require access to medical cannabis during school hours were granted relief earlier in August, when Gov. Bruce Rauner signed Ashley’s Law into law. This marked a major step forward for patients, including the new law’s namesake, Ashley Surin, who sought access to help manage her seizure condition. Another bill, which would […]
Marijuana use by adolescents continues to decline in California, according to statewide data provided by the California Healthy Kids Survey, a biennial survey funded by the Departments of Health and Education. Among 7th graders, 4.2 percent reported ever having used cannabis during the years 2015 to 2017, as compared to 7.9 percent during the years 2013 to 2015 (-47 […]
More Articles ...
- Poll: 62% of New Jersey Voters Support Marijuana Legalization
- Trump’s Tariffs and Trade War Will Hit the Marijuana Industry, Too
- NORML Endorses North Dakota Marijuana Legalization Ballot Measure
- Pharmacy board sued for sacramental exception
- Illinois Bill Authorizing Medical Marijuana Administration On School Grounds Signed Into Law
- California BCC sets final hearing on rules
- Legal cannabis enhances workplace safety
- Backyard marijuana grow bust in Pueblo West yields 57 plants worth estimated $171K
- Corona beer brewer extends pot bet with $3.8 billion investment
- Medical Marijuana Ad Launched in Rural Texas
- NORML PAC Endorses Cannabis Caucus Co-Chairs Reps. Blumenauer and Young
- North Dakota Marijuana Legalization Initiative Certified for November Ballot
- Study: Same Day Marijuana Use Not Associated With Intimate Partner Violence
- Study: Medical Marijuana Laws Associated With Fewer Workplace Fatalities
- This Surprising State Could Be the Next to Legalize Marijuana