HARTFORD, CT — Governor-elect Ned Lamont reaffirmed his support for regulating the adult use cannabis market in Connecticut. Lamont is one of four gubernatorial candidates to be elected in November after campaigning on a platform that included legalizing marijuana. Speaking with reporters last week, Lamont said that he would work with lawmakers in 2019 to enact legislation to regulate […]
The Boulder County District Attorney's Office is preparing to vacate and seal thousands of marijuana possession convictions in light of voters legalizing marijuana in 2012.
The post Boulder County district attorney wants to toss 4,000 past marijuana convictions appeared first on The Cannabist.
The NJ State Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee held a joint hearing with the Assembly Appropriations Committee November 26 to consider legalizing marijuana. The session voted 7-4 in the Senate and 6-3 in the Assembly to support legalizing, taxing and regulating small amounts for adults 21 years and up.
"Representative Pete Sessions was the single greatest impediment in the US House to the passage of common-sense, voter-supported marijuana law reform measures," NORML Political Director Justin Strekal said. "We look forward to working with Rep. McGovern and the other incoming Committee Chairs" to enact real reform.
The Colorado Department of Revenue has issued a safety and health advisory after potentially unsafe pesticide residues were found on certain medical marijuana plant material and products.
The post Recall issued for Boulder-grown marijuana after pesticide residues detected appeared first on The Cannabist.
TORONTO, ON — Canadian police agencies have not reported an uptick in incidences of marijuana-impaired driving in the initial weeks following its legalization, according to an analysis by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC). Legislation legalizing marijuana use and retail sales took effect on October 17. Police agencies in numerous cities and provinces – including Manitoba, Newfoundland, Regina, and […]
JERUSALEM, ISRAEL — Fibromyalgia (FM) patients suffering from lower back pain respond favorably to medical cannabis treatment, according to clinical data published in the journal Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology. Israeli researchers assessed the analgesic efficacy of both opioids and medical cannabis in 31 FM patients with lower back pain. Participants were treated with inhaled cannabis of relatively low THC […]
One of the US Senate’s leading marijuana prohibitionists, Iowa Republican Charles “Chuck” Grassley, will no longer be heading the Senate Judiciary Committee in the 116th Congress. Senator Grassley announced last week that he is stepping down as Chair of the Committee. As Chair, Grassley refused to hold any hearings or votes on marijuana-related legislation, including bipartisan legislative efforts like the […]
GRONINGEN, THE NETHERLANDS — The oral administration of cannabis extracts containing THC and CBD is associated with pain reduction in patients suffering from the skin disease epidermolysis bullosa (EB), according to three case reports published in The British Journal of Dermatology. Epidermolysis bullosa is a rare genetic condition that results in blistering skin. Dutch researchers assessed the use of […]
TRENTON, N.J. — A proposal to legalize and regulate marijuana for adults 21 and older advanced in the New Jersey Legislature Monday. The Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee approved S2703, sponsored by Senator Nicholas Scutari, (7-2-4), and the Assembly Appropriations Committee approved A4497, sponsored by Assemblywoman Annette Quijano, (6-1-2). The measures will now go to the […]
More Articles ...
- New Jersey Lawmakers Advance Adult Use Marijuana Legalization Bill
- Study: Cannabis Use Doesn’t Negatively Impact Organ Transplants
- Boulder-based Vera aims to take high energy use out of marijuana cultivation equation
- Marijuana movement energized with Sessions out as attorney general
- Midterm Elections Shakeup Indiana State Legislature
- Legalizing and Taxing Marijuana in Illinois Would Yield $525 Million in Annual Revenue
- Leading Marijuana Prohibitionist Out as US Senate Judiciary Chair
- CBD-Rich Cannabis Mitigates Symptoms in Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder, Study Finds
- Study: Adult Use Marijuana Laws Associated With Reduced Use of Opioids
- Missouri’s Largest County Stops Prosecuting Marijuana Possession
- Legal Marijuana Sales to Begin in Massachusetts on Tuesday
- With New York on Brink of Marijuana Legalization, Conference Lays Out Blueprint for Legalization Rooted in Racial, Economic, and Social Justice
- Massachusetts Marijuana Sales Begin; Rep. Joe Kennedy Supports Legalization
- Taxes From Oregon’s Retail Marijuana Sales Exceed Initial Projections
- New York Governor to Support Marijuana Legalization Bill in 2019