The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands is just a pen stroke away from becoming the first US territory to legalize and regulate marijuana for both medical and adult use. The Marianas legislature approved a bill August 8 to legalize and regulate marijuana, H.B. 20-178, titled the Taulamwaar Sensible CNMI Cannabis Act of 2018. The […]
A recent news report posed a counter-productive warning to young mothers: If you breast feed your children and smoke cannabis, be very afraid! Or not. The reports forgot to mention that mothers produce natural human endocannabinoids in their breast milk even without using cannabis. Your baby needs cannabinoids. Is that merely a huge oversight or is […]
A park in downtown Concord, California, will go green for a day when it hosts the first Cannabis Education Day ever held in Contra Costa County, with panels and displays highlighting cannabis issues such as lack of local access. Co-Chair of Contra Costa County NORML Renee Lee announced the group’s plans for a community-wide event […]
Two people arrested in south-central Nebraska are facing possible prison time for hauling marijuana, including some that had fallen onto Interstate 80.
The post Fallen pot package in Nebraska leads to possible prison time for Colorado man appeared first on The Cannabist.
As predicted, legalizing cannabis has not led consumers into more risky behaviors but to more responsible adult use. Responsible and fun, that is. Post-legalization data has shown an increase in adult use, particularly for seniors, and a reduction in teen use. Prohibitionists had predicted that the sky would fall in terms of addiction and youthful […]
Two compassionate cannabis-related bills are advancing, here’s a rundown: AB 1793 would make expungement automatic for cannabis-related convictions that today are no longer considered crimes. It passed the Assembly in May, the Senate earlier today, and it’s now headed to Gov. Jerry Brown’s desk. Meanwhile, SB 829 would waive cultivation fees for donations medical cannabis businesses make to […]
Members of the California Assembly and Senate have approved legislation to facilitate the review and expungement of past marijuana convictions. Assembly members approved the bill, AB 1793, by a vote of 43 to 28, while members of the Senate passed the measure by a vote of 28 to 10. The legislation now awaits final action by Democrat Gov. […]
The Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) will begin accepting medical cannabis applications from patients and prospective businesses on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. This will make it one of the quickest states to implement a medical marijuana law. Application materials and FAQs are already available on the OMMA’s site, including for: Adult patients and caregivers Minor patients […]
SAN DIEGO, CA — The establishment of medical cannabis dispensaries within close proximity of schools does not make teens more susceptible to using marijuana, according to data published in the Journal of Adolescent Health. Researchers from UC San Diego examined the association between the establishment of medical marijuana dispensaries in school neighborhoods and teen use […]
SAN FRANCISCO, CA — Marijuana use by adolescents continues to decline in California, according to statewide data provided by the California Healthy Kids Survey, a biennial survey funded by the Departments of Health and Education. Among 7th graders, 4.2 percent reported ever having used cannabis during the years 2015 to 2017, as compared to 7.9 […]
More Articles ...
- Alaska Marijuana Control Board Issues Proposed On-Site Consumption Rules
- Israeli Pain Specialists Endorse Cannabis Therapy, Survey Finds
- Mind-altering breast milk? New marijuana study poses that question.
- Mandatory testing costly for Colorado marijuana growers
- Denver's second licensed social marijuana business to open this fall as vaping bar and lounge
- Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Near Schools Not Linked With Teen Use
- Burning Man and Marijuana Laws
- Delaware Senator Cosponsors Federal Reform, 10% of Senate Now Support Descheduling Bill
- Illinois Students Get Relief, but Opioid Patients Still Waiting on Governor
- Teen Marijuana Use in California Declines Sharply Post-Legalization
- Poll: 62% of New Jersey Voters Support Marijuana Legalization
- Trump’s Tariffs and Trade War Will Hit the Marijuana Industry, Too
- NORML Endorses North Dakota Marijuana Legalization Ballot Measure
- Pharmacy board sued for sacramental exception
- Illinois Bill Authorizing Medical Marijuana Administration On School Grounds Signed Into Law