Marijuana became legal for adults in Michigan today when Proposal 1 officially took effect. The initiative was approved by 56 percent of voters in the November midterm election. Proposal 1 allows adults 21 and older to possess and transport up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana, including up to 15 grams in the form of marijuana […]
With the Democrats regaining control of the New York Senate and Assembly for the first time since 2010, New York is on the cusp of legalizing marijuana. The question is no longer should New York legalize marijuana, but what legalization will look like. There is a fierce debate right now about where tax revenue should […]
Today, President Trump announced his intention to nominate former Attorney General William Barr to be considered by the Senate to replace former Attorney General Jefferson Beauregard Sessions. In response, the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) issued the following statement: “With every move by the Department of Justice facing intense public scrutiny, maintaining Jeff Sessions’ policy […]
As expected, legislators in Utah have enacted a medical cannabis law that will replace the law established by Proposition 2. While it is inferior to Prop 2, the new law will ensure that patients who need medical cannabis can safely access it, and its passage represents a victory for patients and their allies who have […]
The Minnesota Department of Health announced Monday that they have approved adding Alzheimer’s disease as a qualifying condition for medical marijuana, but rejected petitions to add opioid use disorder, hepatitis C, traumatic brain injury, and insomnia to the program. Alzheimer’s disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that mainly affects elderly people. It is the most common […]
MIDDLEBURY, VT — The interbreeding of cannabis plants has resulted in a dearth of pure ‘indica‘ or ‘sativa‘ strains, according to a review published in the journal Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research. In most cases, these classifications are used arbitrarily, the author states. “Categorizing cannabis as either ‘sativa‘ and ‘indica‘ has become an exercise in futility,” he concludes. “Ubiquitous interbreeding […]
The co-owners of the embattled Sweet Leaf cannabis business have been ordered to pay $8.8 million for breach of contract over properties they were buying in Denver.
The post Sweet Leaf cannabis business co-owners hit with $8.8M judgment appeared first on The Cannabist.
The amendment would let cannabis businesses open bank accounts in states where they're legal, and it would exempt legal retailers from federal prosecution.
The post Cory Gardner will try to pass marijuana banking, other reforms in the Senate next week appeared first on The Cannabist.
Colorado Supreme Court to hear arguments in case that will decide future of pot-sniffing police dogs
On Wednesday, the Colorado Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in a case that will set standards for the use of police dogs' drug-detection skills in this state -- and could have repercussions across the country.
The post Colorado Supreme Court to hear arguments in case that will decide future of pot-sniffing police dogs appeared first on The Cannabist.
Business was booming at several Colorado Springs marijuana shops, despite local ordinances that prohibit the retail sale of marijuana and pot products. Following a lengthy investigation, multiple executed search warrants, an arrest and additional arrest warrants issued, police on Tuesday said cash seized from the alleged illegal businesses came out…
The post Six alleged illegal retail pot shops busted in Colorado Springs; $1.375M seized, police say appeared first on The Cannabist.
More Articles ...
- Prohibitionists losing grasp on federal control
- Marijuana education or illegal drug-selling? Instagram's not sure
- Utah GOP weakens voters’ medical cannabis law
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- The Spot: Denver politics are about to take center stage and what's coming in 2019 for marijuana
- Pot delivery? It's one possibility as Colorado revisits marijuana laws
- Canada's pot industry so hot it's importing workers
- Loveland illegal pot operation dismantled by police
- Colorado should wipe low-level marijuana convictions clean
- Marijuana on your criminal record? Denver will help clear it, mayor says.
- Activists will hand out free holiday marijuana
- Utah Lawmakers Seek to Replace Voter-Initiated Medical Marijuana Law
- Utah Legislature Passes Compromise Medical Marijuana Law
- Utah Lawmakers Replace Voter-Initiated Medical Marijuana Law
- "Capitalistic" United States faces Canada fight for cannabis supremacy