The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) questions the excessive use of force used by Pennsylvania law enforcement, whose pursuit of a man suspected of growing a small amount of marijuana outdoors ultimately led to his death. The body of a suspect in the case, Pennsylvania resident Gregory A. Longenecker, was found earlier this […]
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK — Oklahoma’s Republican Governor Mary Fallin on Wednesday signed into law emergency regulations amending State Question 788 — the state’s voter-initiated medical marijuana access law. The changes, approved Tuesday in a 5 to 4 vote by directors at the Department of Health, seek to severely limit patients’ access to a wide range of cannabis products. Specifically, the new provisions prohibit the […]
The enactment of medical cannabis access laws is associated with significant reductions in prescription opioid use among Medicaid enrollees, according to just-published data in the journal Addiction. Investigators with the University of California at San Diego assessed the relationship between medical cannabis legalization and opioid use among Medicaid enrollees over a period of 21 years (1993 to 2014). […]
A state-commissioned study released Thursday by the New York Department of Health recommends replacing cannabis criminalization with a policy of adult use legalization. The 74-page study, entitled “Assessment of the Potential Impact of Regulated Marijuana in New York State,” acknowledges the following: “Regulating marijuana can reduce opioid use;” “Regulating marijuana may lead to a reduction in the […]
Older Americans are using cannabis more frequently than ever before, according to a review of demographic data published in the journal Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine. A pair of investigators at the University of Florida reviewed 18 peer-reviewed studies published between the years 2000 and 2017 evaluating marijuana use patterns among those ages 50 and older. They reported that […]
On June 26, 57% of Oklahoma voters approved State Question 788 — a broad medical marijuana initiative that required swift implementation. The Department of Health had been working for three months on regulations in case the initiative passed and swiftly released draft emergency regulations. MPP and many other advocates and patients submitted comments raising concerns, […]
As the legal marijuana industry heads into the second half of 2018 on a wave of progress at both the state and federal levels, the National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA) will host a pair of Quarterly Cannabis Caucuses Tuesday, July 17— one in Miami and one in Cleveland on the same day and time, at 6:30 pm. The […]
The post Miami, Cleveland to host cannabis industry caucuses appeared first on The Leaf Online.
When marijuana is legal in Canada, Americans are expected to flock. But the border, and US law, stands in the way.
BLAINE, Wash. - Recreational marijuana has been legal here in Washington state since 2014. Adults just a few miles away in Canada also will be able to legally buy and smoke marijuana for pleasure starting in October.
Just in time for the Snoop Dog days of summer, a law allowing Vermont adults to legally possess and grow small quantities of cannabis for their own personal use took effect July 1. Granted, nobody had time to grow their stash in time for the fireworks, but the implementation of the law was itself a […]
Proponents of a statewide ballot initiative to legalize the adult use of marijuana in North Dakota turned in nearly 19,000 signatures to the Secretary of State’s office today in an effort to place the measure before voters this November. State officials must certify 13,452 signatures in order to qualify the measure for the 2018 electoral ballot. The […]
More Articles ...
- Maine Lawmakers Override Governor’s Veto, Expand Medical Marijuana Access
- Advisory meeting faces anger over cannabis rollout
- Cannabis industry network expands locally
- Arizona Appellate Court Rules Cannabis Concentrates Are Not Protected Under State’s Medical Cannabis Access Law
- Oklahoma Lawmakers: No Special Session to Amend Voter-Approved Medical Law
- History and process for Florida cannabis patients
- American Hemp Campaign to Launch July 4, Backed by New Belgium, Willie Nelson’s Co
- Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Don’t Increase Criminal Activity, Study Finds
- Marijuana Possession, Cultivation Now Legal in Vermont
- Colorado names new director to oversee marijuana in the state
- Florida court blocks patients’ right to inhale
- No Increase in Youth Marijuana Use in Colorado Post-Legalization, Survey Says
- Vermont: Law Legalizing Adult Marijuana Use Takes Effect Sunday, July 1
- Oklahoma Becomes 31st State to Legalize Medical Marijuana Access
- The 4 High Economic Benefits of Legalizing Marijuana in Canada