Patients beware. The Republican party may be ready to follow through on its 2016 election platform threat to “roll back medical marijuana” and, in September, the GOP-dominated house threw a quick punch to the gut of the hemp industry, as well. For several years now, Congress has limited DEA funding to go after medical marijuana […]
Voters in the city of Fairbanks and on the Kenai Peninsula, located south of Anchorage, have decided against a number local ballot measures that sought to prohibit the operation of cannabis retailers and providers. Each proposal lost by wide margins. Under a 2014 voter-initiated state law, local governments may opt out of regulations licensing the […]
ATHENS, GA — Cannabis dispensaries are associated with reduced levels of opioid-related treatment admissions and overall drug mortality, according to a study published online on SSRN.com. A University of Georgia economics professor assessed the relationship between the opening of medical cannabis dispensaries and drug treatment admissions. Dispensary openings are associated with “a 20 percentage point relative decrease in […]
CHICAGO, IL — Patients enrolled in a statewide medical cannabis program are likely to reduce their use of conventional prescription drugs over time, according to data published online ahead of print in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Care. Investigators from DePaul University and Rush University, College of Nursing assessed prescription drug use patterns in 34 patients registered to […]
More Articles ...
- Recreational Marijuana Shops Help Increase Home Values, Study Finds
- Al Sharpton calls medical marijuana use "a civil right"
- Will Canada be able to fully legalize and regulate marijuana by July?
- Delaware panel weighs issues of legalizing marijuana, told to "keep it simple, keep it restricted"
- Colorado authorities seize $3.9M worth of marijuana
- Lawsuit accuses 3 high-level Nebraska cops of harassment after they targeted marijuana-related Facebook posts
- Denver man sentenced to 80 years in prison for death of teen stealing his marijuana grow
- Northern California authorities arrest 18 in marijuana raids at numerous sites
- While hearing case, Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan waxes nostalgic about weed at parties
- Gorilla Glue adhesives company reaches settlement with cannabis business
- Atlanta police chief clarifies: Marijuana is still illegal, even with new ordinance
- Atlanta City Council Votes Unanimously to Decriminalize Marijuana, Heads to Mayor’s Desk
- California to publish new rules in November
- Pro tip: Maybe courthouse bushes aren't best place to stash your weed
- Alaska voters reject local bans on legalized marijuana by wide margins