This Veterans Day, you will likely read and hear many political leaders paying lip service to honor our nation’s veterans. But as they list out their policy prescriptions, one that directly impacts nearly one-in-four veterans will be suspiciously absent: Marijuana. Post-traumatic stress, chronic pain, and other medical issues can be a matter of life or […]
Prohibitionist Pete Sessions has been ousted from office by Collin Allred and a huge number of volunteers, voters and cannabis activists! Cannabis was a huge part of this race’s conversation. We are hopeful that this huge shake up will help marijuana bills move more expeditiously at the Federal level as Sessions has been a huge roadblock […]
Last week, Connecticut voters made it possible that marijuana prohibition will be brought to an end during the next legislative session. For the first time in history, Connecticut has voted to elect a governor, Ned Lamont, who supports the legalization, regulation, and taxation of cannabis for use by adults. “It’s an idea whose time has […]
WASHINGTON, DC — Massachusetts Democratic Rep. Jim McGovern says that he will permit federal lawmakers to debate and vote on marijuana-related amendments when he assumes control of the House Rules Committee in 2019. “Unlike my predecessor, I’m not going to block amendments for marijuana,” he said. “Citizens are passing ballot initiatives, legislatures are passing laws, and […]
On Election Day, around a million Wisconsin voters approved advisory questions on their ballots calling for more humane marijuana laws. More than half of the state’s population saw cannabis-related measures on their ballots, and every single one of the measures passed. Medical cannabis questions received between 67% and 89% in the 11 counties and two cities where […]
Just two days after Veteran’s Day, Congressman Seth Moulton has introduced a series of bills aimed at addressing the therapeutic use of marijuana among veterans. Post-traumatic stress, chronic pain, and other medical issues can be a matter of life or death. Moreover, failure of VA policy to allow physicians to openly talk about cannabis or […]
Like with marijuana, Colorado entrepreneurs have been at the forefront of building up hemp as a viable undertaking.
The post Hemp taking off as viable product, and Colorado entrepreneurs are at the forefront of industry appeared first on The Cannabist.
Dean Ween has big plans for Denver. The guitarist, best known for his work in the iconic alt-rock band Ween, hopes to open a Denver concert venue where the audience will be allowed to use marijuana -- without hiding from security.
The post Alt-rock icon Dean Ween pitches marijuana-friendly concert venue in downtown Denver appeared first on The Cannabist.
This weekend, thanks to its bustling marijuana trade, this tiny city on the western shore of Sloan's Lake will forge a new civic identity with the opening of a $13 million municipal complex complete with library, police station, fitness center and city offices.
The post Edgewater's $13 million civic center, partly funded by cannabis cash, opens Sunday appeared first on The Cannabist.
Arrests for Low-Level Marijuana Possession have Decreased 90 Percent Following New NYPD Marijuana Guidelines
Arrests for low-level marijuana possession have plummeted 90 percent since new NYPD marijuana enforcement guidelines took effect in September. There were 151 arrests for low-level marijuana in the entire city of New York in September 2018, less than 10 percent of the 1,500+ arrests last September and 3 percent of the 4,300+ arrests that took […]
More Articles ...
- Pennsylvania Governor Signs Law Eliminating License Suspension Penalty for Marijuana-Related Offenses, Other Crimes
- Man in Henderson marijuana dispute murder gets life sentence
- Cali judge protects right to grow cannabis
- Marijuana is emerging among California's vineyards, offering promise and concern
- A cannabis Coke and a smile? Colorado companies hoping to tap infused beverage craze
- Gubernatorial Victories Bode Well for 2019 Statewide Marijuana Reform Prospects
- Voters in Ohio and Wisconsin Approve Municipal Reform Measures
- Illinois Cannabis Reform Candidates J.B. Pritzker, Kwame Raoul, Bob Morgan Cruise to Victory
- Marijuana Reform Scores Big Wins in Midterms
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions Resigns
- Utah latest state to legalize medical pot, expand Medicaid
- Cannabis reform passes, Florida restores voting rights
- New attorney general must protect states' rights on marijuana, Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner says
- After long wait, 1st legal marijuana shops on East Coast to open
- Guam allows medical cannabis home gardens