Following Canada’s decision to become the first country in North America to legalize the use and retail sale of cannabis, the US Department of Homeland Security, US Customs and Border Protection Agency published a memorandum affirming that those Canadians either involved or invested in the legal cannabis industry may be barred admission into the United States. The […]
Nebraska Marijuana Policy Reform Advocates Establish Campaign Committee to Support 2020 Ballot Initiative
The group, Nebraskans for Sensible Marijuana Laws, will prioritize a medical marijuana ballot initiative and is researching additional marijuana reform opportunitiesTwo Nebraska state senators, Anna Wishart and Adam Morfeld, will lead a newly formed campaign committee, Nebraskans for Sensible Marijuana Laws, for the purpose of running a 2020 ballot initiative to reform marijuana laws in […]
Today, the omnibus medical marijuana bill that was passed last spring goes into effect. The bill makes major improvements to Maine’s medical marijuana program. Among some of the changes, the legislation: removes the qualifying condition list so that any Mainer can use medical marijuana so long as their doctor thinks it would be helpful for them; eliminates […]
SPRINGFIELD, MO — Missouri’s Amendment 2, the state’s voter-initiated medical cannabis access law, took effect on Thursday, December 6th. Sixty-six percent of voters approved the measure in November, while rejecting a pair of competing initiatives. State regulators have 180 days from the law’s enactment date to make available application forms to patients seeking to register to grow and/or possess medical […]
WASHINGTON, DC — The Senate on Tuesday and the House on Wednesday gave final approval to the massive 2018 Farm Bill, including a provision that will end an eight-decade ban on industrial hemp, that non-psychoactive but extremely useful member of the cannabis family. President Trump is expected to sign the bill into law. Even though you […]
After months of chatter, a booze-free beer promising a different kind of buzz will hit pot shop shelves this week just in time to be a stocking stuffer for select folks age 21 and up.
The post Grainwave, a THC-infused nonalcoholic beer, hits dispensary shelves Friday appeared first on The Cannabist.
Sen. Cory Gardner, R-Colorado, made a move Monday toward changing federal marijuana law, including letting banks accept money from legal businesses.
The post Sen. Cory Gardner tries to attach marijuana measure to criminal justice bill appeared first on The Cannabist.
DENVER, CO — Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock has announced a citywide effort to vacate low-level marijuana convictions that occurred before marijuana legalization. The initiative is framed as part of an effort to address the disproportionate impact of marijuana prohibition on communities of color and low-income populations, and is being presented as part of a broader […]
WINDSOR, IA — On Saturday, December 1, Iowa’s first medical marijuana dispensary opened to the public. MedPharm opened in Windsor and will sell low-THC oil to qualifying patients. Unfortunately, MedPharm may only sell medical marijuana oil, and the oil may not contain more than three percent THC. While this reform is an important victory for […]
Key provisions of the state’s voter-initiated marijuana measure, Proposition 1: The Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act, will take effect this Thursday, December 6. Michigan is the tenth US state to legalize and regulate the use and sale of marijuana by adults, and it is the ninth to do so via voter initiative. “The legalization of the […]
More Articles ...
- Report: More Banks Providing Services to Cannabis-Specific Businesses
- Marijuana Becomes Legal for Adults in Michigan
- With New York on Brink of Marijuana Legalization, Fierce Debate on Where Tax Revenue Should Go
- Advocates Decry Trump’s Attorney General Pick William Barr
- Lawmakers in Utah Approve Compromise Medical Cannabis Bill
- Minnesota Approves Alzheimer’s for Medical Marijuana, Other Conditions Rejected
- Study: Little Distinction Exists Among ‘Sativa’ or ‘Indica’
- Sweet Leaf cannabis business co-owners hit with $8.8M judgment
- Cory Gardner will try to pass marijuana banking, other reforms in the Senate next week
- Colorado Supreme Court to hear arguments in case that will decide future of pot-sniffing police dogs
- Six alleged illegal retail pot shops busted in Colorado Springs; $1.375M seized, police say
- Prohibitionists losing grasp on federal control
- Marijuana education or illegal drug-selling? Instagram's not sure
- Utah GOP weakens voters’ medical cannabis law
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates