With the approval of Senate Bill C-45, Canada became the first G7 member country to legalize recreational marijuana. Being a wealthy nation, it is poised to become a model for other countries who are planning to do the same thing. It is expected that such a move will impact the national economy in more ways […]
MONTPELIER, VT — July 1, 2018 will go down in Vermont’s history as the day the state officially stopped punishing adults for consuming marijuana. Residents of Vermont are seeing the fruits of our movement’s tireless efforts to reform harmful and ill-conceived marijuana laws. As of Sunday, adults can now legally possess, consume, and grow limited […]
Longmont officials on Monday announced the four businesses that will be permitted to operate retail marijuana sales establishments within the city limits.
Last week, Denver Mayor Michael Hancock – a former opponent of legalizing marijuana in Colorado – rallied colleagues from other cities to form a coalition supporting a bill introduced by Republican U.S.
The post Marijuana industry needs protection from federal enforcement policies appeared first on The Cannabist.
Voters approved State Question 788 on June 26, 2018, making Oklahoma the 30th state in the nation to adopt an effective medical marijuana law. The voter-initiated measure that permits doctors to use their discretion to recommend medical cannabis to patients passed by 57-43 , according to the state elections board website. NORML Deputy Director Paul Armentano contributed […]
The DEA says marijuana has no recognized medical value and must be prohibited as a Schedule 1 federally banned drug. Meanwhile, the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a drug that contains an active ingredient derived from the cannabis plant. The drug, Epidiolex, an oral solution containing cannabidiol (CBD), will be the first […]
On the evening of June 27, the Delaware House of Representatives voted 21-15 (with five not voting) to legalize, tax, and regulate marijuana for adults. This was only the third time that the majority of a state legislative chamber voted to legalize and regulate marijuana. Unfortunately, however, a majority was not enough. A three-fifths supermajority […]
ATLANTA, GA — Cannabis exposure during pregnancy is not independently associated with lower birthweight among infants, according to data published in the journal Drug and Alcohol Dependence. Researchers from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention assessed the relationship between maternal marijuana exposure and birthweight. They reported that infants, on average, weighed no less than controls after […]
US Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) introduced federal legislation June 26 to decriminalize and de-schedule cannabis by removing it from the Controlled Substances Act. Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL), Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) co-sponsored the Marijuana Freedom and Opportunity Act. If adopted, the change would not affect state marijuana laws other […]
MONTPELIER, VT — Marijuana will become legal for adults in Vermont on Sunday, making it the ninth state to lift its prohibition on adult marijuana use (in addition to D.C.) and the first to do so via the legislative process. House Bill 511 was approved by the Legislature and signed into law by Gov. Phil Scott […]
More Articles ...
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer Introduces Bill to End Federal Marijuana Prohibition
- Chuck Schumer Introduces Bill to Decriminalize Marijuana at the Federal Level
- Pro-Pot Congressman Jared Polis Scores Resounding Victory in Colorado
- FDA Approves First Medicine Derived from Cannabis
- Oklahoma Passes Most Progressive Medical Marijuana Initiative Since California’s Prop 215
- Chuck Schumer Introduces Far-Reaching Marijuana Descheduling Bill
- Oklahoma Voters Approve Medical Marijuana Initiative
- Oklahoma Voters Decide in Favor of Statewide Medical Marijuana Law
- Poll: Plurality of North Dakota Voters Support Legalizing Marijuana
- FDA Approves Marketing of Plant-Derived Marijuana Medicine
- Californians stock up, dispensaries clear inventory
- U.S. approves first prescription drug made from marijuana
- Marijuana addiction is real, and rising
- Poll: Record Percentage of Americans Support Legalizing Marijuana
- NORML Releases Comprehensive Report Summarizing Local Decriminalization Laws