Another legalization bill numbered 420 is working its way toward becoming law. Last week was the federal HR-420. This time it is HF 420, to legalize cannabis by 2022 or earlier. Minnesota already has a medical marijuana program. State lawmakers introduced legislation January 28 to end marijuana prohibition in the state and replace it with […]
There is a noticeable difference between smoking and vaporizing (vaping) cannabis. After many years of smoking-room discourse, researchers are offering some objective comparisons of the two effects.
A new book and several op-ed pieces in major news publications may be the early result of a new anti-cannabis effort orchestrated by the Trump White House. Whether it is or not, a new campaign of Reefer Madness is clearly afoot along the well-trodden trail blazed by Harry Anslinger in the 1930s.
Medical marijuana sales began in Ohio January 16 but product types and supplies were limited and, two-and-a-half years after the program was signed into law, delays with implementation continue for most of the state. "While this is historic, it is also bittersweet," said one supporter, pointing to the delays.
Bryan is one of a new breed of elected Democrat governors taking quick action to reform cannabis laws. Cuomo recently unveiled a plan for New York, Murphy is moving ahead in New Jersey and California's Gavin Newsom led the campaign to legalize adult use in Proposition 64 while he was still lieutenant governor.
Odor is often used by police as a pretext for warrant-less searches, but legalization changes that. The Vermont State High Court has held that the smell of burnt cannabis alone, absent any evidence of driver impairment, can no longer justify police to seize and search a defendant's vehicle.
Marijuana Policy Project, a national advocacy group that was involved in many cannabis reform campaigns, on January 18 took a look at the states' legislative agendas for 2019. Twelve states have legalization bills lined up, six have medical marijuana bills and five have decrim proposals. Is your state on the list?
Recent studies show that CBD helps control schizophrenia. Some 62 percent of schools of pharmacy provide some cannabis education and another 23 percent plan to add cannabis studies within the next year. What are they teaching their students?
New York Governor Cuomo kicked off the year with a call to effectively end marijuana prohibition in the state. He proposes to implement age limits, quality controls and other consumer protections to safeguard the cannabis supply and public health. His plan is also to undo some of the harms caused by prohibition.
California's permanent regulations for the cannabis industry went into effect in January, replacing two years of temporary and emergency rules. While there is need for improvement, the BCC's action brings stability to the industry and will be a hot topic at the ICBC conference in Oakland on February 7-8.
More Articles ...
- Washington set to issue marijuana pardons
- Pot drivers safer than alcohol, but don’t mix the two
- Utah group fights to protect initiative process
- Teen marijuana use drops with legalization
- New York State to legalize cannabis in 2019
- NORML’s Top 10 cannabis policy events of 2018
- Hemp farming comes home to the USA
- Utah Lawmakers Replace Voter-Initiated Medical Cannabis Law
- Low-Income Medical Marijuana Patient Evicted for Doctor Recommended Therapy
- Study: Marijuana Use Not Positively Associated With Conduct Problems in Young People
- Take This Short Survey to Help Shape Marijuana Policy in New York
- Study: Medical Cannabis Use Associated With Decreased Hospital Admissions Among Patients With Sickle Cell Disease
- Study: Medical Cannabis Associated With Reduced Opioid Intake in Pain Patients
- Medical Marijuana is Florida Law, Let’s Act Like It
- Home Prices Spike Following Opening of Marijuana Retailers