Voters in Michigan approved a ballot initiative Tuesday to legalize, regulate, and tax marijuana for adult use. Proposal 1 was leading 58-42 with 54 percent of precincts reporting when CNN called the election. Michigan is the 10th state to make marijuana possession legal for adults 21 and older, and it is the ninth state to […]
Michigan Becomes First State in Midwest to Legalize Marijuana, As Missouri Approves Medical Marijuana and Florida Restores Felony Voting Rights
This Election Day showed the burgeoning political clout of the drug policy reform movement, with the results expected to accelerate efforts to legalize marijuana and to end the broader war on drugs in states across the U.S., at the federal level, and internationally. Michigan voters approved Proposal 1, a ballot initiative to legalize, regulate and […]
One of Congress’ most powerful and vocal marijuana prohibitionists, Republican Pete Sessions of Texas, failed in his re-election bid for Congress’ 32nd District. Sessions was defeated by Democratic challenger Colin Allred. Representative Sessions used his position as Chairman of the House Rules Committee to block House floor members from voting on over three-dozen marijuana-related amendments during his leadership tenure. […]
Michigan Voters Overwhelmingly Pass Proposition 1 Legalizing the Retail Sale of Marijuana for Adults
With the approval of voter-initiated Proposal 1, Michigan has become the 10th state to legalize the possession and use of marijuana for adults. NORML Executive Director Erik Altieri said, “Voters in Michigan sent a resounding rebuke to their state’s failed policy of prohibition and elected to follow a new, more sensible path of regulation and legalization. […]
With the approval of Proposition 2, Utah has become the 33rd state to regulate the licensed production and distribution of medical cannabis products to qualified patients. The vote comes ahead of a proposed special legislative session of the Utah legislature to address specific rules and regulations governing medical cannabis patient access. “It is our hope […]
The expansion of legal marijuana continued apace in Tuesday’s elections, with medical marijuana initiatives winning in Missouri and Utah and recreational marijuana winning in Michigan. The only loss for weed came in North Dakota, where voters had approved medical marijuana two years ago, but weren’t ready to take the next step this year. In Michigan, […]
The initiative to legalize medical marijuana in Utah is reportedly headed toward victory. Fox 13 News Utah projected Proposition 2 will pass, and the measure was leading 54-46 with 68 percent of precincts reporting. Even if the lead does not hold, Utah is expected to soon become the 32nd state in the nation to enact an effective medical marijuana law. Last month, backers of Proposition […]
With the approval of Amendment 2, Missouri has become the 32nd state to regulate the licensed production and distribution of medical cannabis products to qualified patients. The amendment was one of three competing ballot measures that seek to regulate medical cannabis use in Missouri. Of the three, NORML only endorsed Amendment 2. That is because […]
A series of proposed code tweaks could eliminate caps on how many marijuana retailers are allowed within Louisville and slash the city's current school buffer requirements.
The post Louisville poised to tweak marijuana buffers, limits on stores appeared first on The Cannabist.
Voters in Michigan and North Dakota will decide Tuesday whether to legalize recreational marijuana, which would make them the first states in the Midwest to do so and would put conservative neighboring states on notice.
The post Michigan, North Dakota weigh bringing legal marijuana to Midwest appeared first on The Cannabist.
More Articles ...
- Where marijuana is on the ballot Tuesday - and where it's most likely to win
- Cannabis Use Associated With Improved Outcomes in Bipolar Patients
- Beware of This Frightful Marijuana Menace!
- Connecticut’s Race for Governor May Determine State’s Future on Marijuana Policy
- Missouri: Not All Medical Marijuana Efforts are Created Equal #YesOn2
- New Poll Shows Rhode Islanders Support Legalization by 20-Point Margin
- Mexico Supreme Court Strikes Down Marijuana Ban
- NORML Submits 10,000+ Written Comments to the FDA for the Reconsideration of International Marijuana Prohibition
- Here Are the Ohio Cities Voting on Marijuana on Tuesday November 6th, 2018
- Michigan’s Marijuana Vote Is a Defining Moment for the Legalization Movement
- Colorado Issues Report Assessing Legalization’s Impact on Public Safety
- Repeated Cannabis Exposure Associated With Reduced Impact On Cognitive, Psychomotor Performance
- Study: Cannabis Use Associated With Reduced Likelihood of Liver Cirrhosis Among Hepatitis C Patients
- NORML Delivers Over 10,000 Public Comments to FDA Regarding International Classification of Cannabis
- Mexico’s Supreme Court Effectively Legalizes Marijuana Possession, Cultivation, and Use