Although the referendum is advisory only, the vote could help state lawmakers make their case for the legalization of marijuana use.
"It's coming to the state and we have to be prepared to address it," State Sen. Carlo Leone said.
This year's event could be the last that focuses on state prohibition, said Mark Passerini, the festival's lead organizer.
Real Wellness by Ricky Williams launches in California with six products designed to be incorporated into daily routines made with formulations combining cannabidiol and THC with herbal extracts.
Novartis AG is partnering with a Canadian cannabis company backed by billionaire Peter Thiel to get in on the medical marijuana business.
A group of Colorado parents don't think a marijuana store in Steamboat Springs should share a parking lot with a karate academy.
Brandon Baker, reverend for a marijuana-based church, has suspended his campaign for Weld County commissioner at-large.
Medical marijuana companies have shown a strong interest in Maryland because the market is expected to be lucrative.
The resolution also urges the federal government to reconsider its listing of marijuana as a controlled substance.
Texas hasn’t legalized marijuana, but that hasn't stopped some entrepreneurs from planting their flags early, wagering that the Lone Star State will one day have its own “green rush.”
More Articles ...
- Georgia medical marijuana advocates fuming over stalled PTSD bill
- New Mexico simplifies medical marijuana patient application
- Restrictions on marijuana business marketing may be loosened in Colorado city
- Marijuana businesses face bans across Massachusetts
- Marijuana is the new gold as former Canadian miners turn to cannabis
- Will this be the year Connecticut legalizes marijuana?
- Nevada wholesale marijuana prices remain high -- for now
- Op-ed: Colorado should allow marijuana tasting rooms
- Former NBA player Glen "Big Baby" Davis arrested on marijuana charges
- Major marijuana smuggling ring in Colorado: 8 arrests, 3,000 plants and 450 pounds seized
- Sens. Lisa Murkowski, Jeff Merkley pinning new marijuana banking measure to SAFE Banking Act
- Michigan closes 40 medical marijuana businesses
- Arkansas judge rejects bid to quash medical marijuana license lawsuit
- California's "outlaw" marijuana culture faces a harsh reckoning: legal weed
- North Dakota now accepting applications to grow medical marijuana