Ohio senator seeks review of state's medical marijuana program
Republican Sen. Bill Coley, of Cincinnati, proposed legislation that would require State Auditor Dave Yost to conduct and release a performance audit of the program.
Marijuana amnesty boxes set up at airport in Las Vegas
At the airport in Las Vegas, people can now get rid of any leftover weed in metal receptacles installed outside the facility.
Op-ed: Alaska bill sealing marijuana possession convictions should be voted down
Fairbanks Daily News-Miner Editorial Board: Democratic lawmakers behind the proposal have good intentions, but sealing these records is problematic.
Seeking opioid crisis answers at summit, Pete Sessions waged war against marijuana
Congressman Pete Sessions used a speech at an opioid epidemic summit Tuesday to suggest that marijuana is the gateway to addiction.
Launch of cannabis beverages in Canada could be "big business" for alcohol goliath
Cannabis is a "big business," and Constellation Brands has big aspirations in the space, the alcohol beverage company's president said this week. Officials for Constellation Brands (NYSE: STZ) have their sights on developing unique cannabis-based beverages for sale in markets around the globe, as laws allow, Bill Newlands, Constellation's chief…
Do medical marijuana laws reduce opioid overdoses? A new study adds a layer of nuance.
As the opioid crisis deepens, an increasing number of researchers and advocates are looking at legal marijuana as a possible solution.
Hershey's renews trademark battles with marijuana businesses
Cannabis businesses, beware: The Hershey Co. is on the warpath.
West Virginia may allow patients to smoke medical marijuana
State Health Officer Dr. Rahul Gupta said people can burn marijuana themselves if they want, "but that's not what we're advocating or recommending."
Colorado marijuana activist arrested in Oklahoma for felony possession with intent to distribute
Regina Nelson, a marijuana scholar and activist based out of Boulder, Colorado, was arrested for marijuana possession in Oklahoma.
Ohio should continue medical marijuana program despite 'multiple' flaws, state auditor says
At issue is the Department of Commerce’s admission last week that an error led to a company’s exclusion from the proposed list of marijuana growers in Ohio’s new program.
Alabama may reduce penalties for marijuana possession
A proposal to lower the penalty for marijuana possession cleared its first hurdle in the Alabama Legislature, but faces a dubious future.
Get to know Rep. Matt Gaetz, staunch defender of Donald Trump, guns and medical marijuana
The Florida congressman is 13 months and 11 days into his first term. He's still on step one of Operation: Disrupt Congress.
Medical marijuana conquered my 30-year opioid addiction, Florida man says
"Doctors put me on opioids back in 1985, and I've now been on every kind, from Percocet to OxyContin. It's no wonder we have an opioid epidemic in our country; we weren't educated about the dangers back then."
Cannabis seen as safer than alcohol – or sugar
At least cannabis won’t give you cancer, liver damage, cavities or diabetes. And it turns out that it might even protect against some symptoms of alcohol abuse. Most Americans today recognize that consuming cannabis poses fewer harms to health than does the consumption of tobacco, alcohol, or sugar, according to the findings of a nationwide […]
Ohio lawsuit wants medical marijuana grower licenses revoked
The lawsuit challenges the Ohio Department of Commerce’s process for awarding the provisional licenses to 12 companies for large-scale growing facilities.
Oregon officials struggle to ID which marijuana grows are legal
“Our state has no regulation for the marijuana industry,” Deschutes County Sheriff Shane Nelson said.
More Articles ...
- Six applicants denied medical marijuana grow licenses are suing Ohio
- Former White House adviser's security clearance was blocked over past marijuana use
- Marijuana retailers sue Washington county over federal permission rule
- Fruity Pebbles marijuana edibles land Conn. college students in jail
- New Jersey Cannabusiness Association leads marijuana legalization discussion with state officials
- Report: California marijuana growers lagging in getting licenses
- A trio of cannabis massages to try in Aspen
- North Dakota chooses tracking system for medical marijuana program
- Arizona bill would charge doctors who sidestep medical marijuana rules with a felony
- Medical, recreational marijuana sales banned in Elko, Nevada
- Federal government sued over its cannabis ban
- After marijuana legalization vote, Maine Gov. LePage wants to make it harder to get questions on ballots
- City of Detroit expected to challenge voter-approved marijuana initiatives
- Michigan releases symbol to label medical marijuana products
- New Jersey lawmakers opposed to marijuana legalization propose decriminalizing small amounts instead
- Will Massachusetts be the first state to allow social marijuana use?
- Maine first state to protect employment rights
- Connecticut lawmakers mull marijuana legalization once again
- Non-U.S. citizens advised to stay away from jobs in Colorado marijuana industry
- Recreational marijuana legalization delayed in Canada