Scientific evidence does not support claims that marijuana experimentation often serves as a ‘gateway’ to the use of other substances, particularly cocaine and heroin, according to a report issued by the Benjamin Center for Public Policy Initiatives at SUNY New Paltz. The report rejects allegations that cannabis use uniquely makes persons susceptible to the use of other illicit substances, […]
While Democrats and Republicans jostle over what policies might create more jobs, the domestic cannabis industry is doing the work of adding hundreds of thousands of new job opportunities for more Americans. The obvious answer for both parties should be to embrace cannabis as a new powerhouse for the flagging US economy, yet it comes […]
MONTPELIER, VT — On Thursday, the inaugural meeting of the commission created by Gov. Phil Scott to make recommendations relative to marijuana regulation in Vermont will take place in Waterbury. The Marijuana Advisory Commission was created through executive order after Gov. Scott vetoed a popular bill that would have made marijuana legal for adults in the […]
Marijuana legalization is not the cause of increased marijuana use nationwide, a new study finds. Instead it’s the other way around: Marijuana legalization reflects increased acceptance of marijuana. In the study, published this month in the journal Addiction, researchers from the Public Health Institute’s Alcohol Research Group examined 30 years’ worth of data from National […]
Debate on regulating marijuana “should take place in the General Assembly among legislators elected by the people” PROVIDENCE, RI — Rhode Island House Speaker Mattiello announced his appointments to the marijuana study commission on Wednesday, completing the appointment process and clearing the way for the committee to begin gathering information on how legal marijuana is […]
More Articles ...
- The strange grey weed gift economy in the "District of Cannabis"
- Man, 81, with decades-old Mafia ties arrested in Wyoming with large amount of marijuana
- Another Colorado town lifts its marijuana sales ban
- Growing weed has a bad rap for harming the environment. Some growers are trying to change that
- Colorado cannabis safety regs limit edible shapes, enlarge potency labels
- Neighbors report fire, cops find home grow of 150 plants, arrest two
- ACLU wins suit against R.I. town's plant limit restriction
- Third major Texas county reduces penalties for marijuana possession
- Field Sobriety Tests Can’t Determine Marijuana Impairment, Mass. High Court Rules
- FBI Reports More Than 653,000 Arrests for Marijuana Offenses in 2016
- Marijuana Arrest Data Absent From Latest FBI Uniform Crime Report
- A Marijuana Drive-Through Could Be Coming to a Corner Near You
- Drug Arrests; Marijuana Arrests Both Up Last Year, FBI Reports
- Over 5% of all arrests in U.S. are for weed
- Where will out-of-towners consume weed in L.A.?
- Insider: Only 15% of California's cannabis growers can meet strict new standards