A recently passed law that makes it easier for people who have been convicted of marijuana possession in Maryland to clear their records took effect on Sunday. The bill, Senate Bill 949, became law in May without Gov. Larry Hogan’s signature. The new law took effect on October 1. Before the passage of SB 949, those […]
Eighty years ago, on October 2, 1937, House Bill 6385: The Marihuana Tax Act was enacted as law. The Act for the first time imposed federal criminal penalties on activities specific to the possession, production, and sale of cannabis – thus ushering in the modern era of federal prohibition. “The ongoing enforcement of marijuana prohibition […]
ATLANTA, GA — The Atlanta City Council unanimously voted to pass Ordinance 1700-1152 on Monday, decriminalizing marijuana possession offenses within the city. This measure amends the local law so that the possession of up to one ounce of marijuana is punishable by a $75 fine — no arrest, jail time, or criminal arrest record. Annually, over […]
Long-time Oakland cannabis reform advocate Judy Appel kicked off her campaign to represent the 15th Assembly District as a legislator in Sacramento. Having spent three decades as a thoughtful, progressive leader in the local community, Appel’s deep roots and long-standing commitment to the district make her an early front-runner. Checks may be made payable to: […]
More Articles ...
- Where will Maine marijuana tax dollars go?
- Is costly Colorado cannabis tax error worth special session? Why the GOP says no
- Man flees weed-filled car, runs across highway, calls Uber during wild chase with cops
- ACLU sues Georgia police over "deeply flawed" driving high arrests
- Am I measuring the THC per serving in my marijuana brownies correctly?
- Celebrate National Coffee Day with a little twist of cannabis
- The Marijuana ‘Gateway’ Theory Is A Fallacy
- California regulator admits to anxiety as recreational marijuana deadline nears
- 2,700 plants seized in raid on illegal Colorado marijuana farm on forest land
- Nevada reaps $3.7M in tax revenue in first month of recreational marijuana sales
- Man who provided Colorado teen Jack Splitt with medical cannabis oil faces felony charges
- Cannabis among top US job creators
- Two arrested after detectives find 146 marijuana plants in southern Colorado home
- Rapper Young Thug arrested on weed, gun charges in Georgia
- Citing concerns about federal law, Albuquerque rejects medical marijuana bus ads
- Maine legislature may hold special session to double cannabis tax to 20%