Marijuana use is rising sharply among seniors over 65, study says, and there are serious risks
In 2006, only 0.4% of seniors over 65 reported using marijuana products in the past year, they said. The newly published study found that by 2015, the number had doubled to 2.4%.
The post Marijuana use is rising sharply among seniors over 65, study says, and there are serious risks appeared first on The Cannabist.
Cannabis legalization raises real estate values
The recent wave of state-level marijuana legalization is having an impact on commercial real estate demand and residential housing decisions throughout the United States. Namely, in places where cannabis is legal, property values and demand tend to go up. And it’s not just marijuana properties, it’s nearby real estate, as well. “As more states legalize […]
NFL player arrested for allegedly possessing 157 pounds of marijuana in a rental car
Cleveland Browns player Gregory Robinson was arrested after US Border Patrol agents found 157 pounds of marijuana in a car, officials said.
The post NFL player arrested for allegedly possessing 157 pounds of marijuana in a rental car appeared first on The Cannabist.
Letters: Meeting with the enemy demonstrates hypocrisy; Bad for marijuana business, good for criminals; This land is our land; Agree to disagree (2/20/20)
Meeting with the enemy demonstrates hypocrisy This past weekend, Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., secretly met with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif.
Colorado won't stop employers from firing workers for using weed off the clock
Colorado legislators decided Wednesday not to advance a bill that aimed to protect employees from being fired for using marijuana in their personal time.
The post Colorado won't stop employers from firing workers for using weed off the clock appeared first on The Cannabist.
Trump, GOP threaten again medical marijuana states
NORML is sponsoring a petition to fight back against impeached President Trump and "Moscow" Mitch McConnell's anti-cannabis plans.
The post Trump, GOP threaten again medical marijuana states appeared first on The Leaf Online.
7 Skin Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil You Must Know
Hemp is a precious plant that has been around for thousands of years. One of the uses of the seeds is the production of hemp seed oil, which is excellent for the skin. The close relationship between the hemp plant and cannabis is enough to make it one of the best products for anyone in […]
Colorado marijuana sales hit a record $1.75 billion in 2019
The 2019 marked was the most lucrative 12 months for cannabis sales since Colorado legalized adult-use in 2014.
The post Colorado marijuana sales hit a record $1.75 billion in 2019 appeared first on The Cannabist.
Feds bust suspected Pittsburg/Atlanta pot trafficking ring; alleged money launderer arrested in Bay Area
A man was arrested in the Bay Area for allegedly laundering money for a pot trafficking ring.
Marijuana banking bill gets pushback from Colorado's Buck, Lamborn
Twelve members of the U.S. House of Representatives, including two from Colorado, are publicly pushing back against a federal bill that would give legal cannabis businesses access to banking services.
The post Marijuana banking bill gets pushback from Colorado's Buck, Lamborn appeared first on The Cannabist.
Steep California pot taxes pay for a lot of good things
Thanks to Prop 64's high cannabis taxes, Californians have seen a lot of community benefits, according to a recent investigative report by David Downs.
The post Steep California pot taxes pay for a lot of good things appeared first on The Leaf Online.
Police found more than 1,400 marijuana plants inside a building in Northern California
A man was arrested in West Point, California, after authorities discovered 440 pounds of illegal marijuana inside a building, the Calaveras County Sheriff's Office said.
The post Police found more than 1,400 marijuana plants inside a building in Northern California appeared first on The Cannabist.
Making cannabis normal at Oakland's NUG
John Oram, CEO of Oakland-based cannabis company NUG spoke about the changes in California's cannabis industry, how taxes and regulations are affecting industry growth and what kind of advice he would give to someone looking to get into the cannabis market today.
Missouri allows early access to medical marijuana
Some 30,000 Missouri residents have already registered with the state’s medical marijuana program. Unfortunately, state regulators just began approving licenses for cannabis providers in late-January. State-licensed dispensaries are anticipated to be operational by this spring. To the relief of many, Missouri state regulators issued a memorandum affirming that state-qualified patients already may legally possess medical cannabis that is […]
Cambridge appealing decision after pot shop wins fight over two-year moratorium
Less than a month after Cambridge's attempt to ban a medical marijuana dispensary from selling to all adults for two years was ruled unconstitutional in superior court, the City announced Friday that it has filed an emergency motion to halt the ruling and is appealing the decision.
The post Cambridge appealing decision after pot shop wins fight over two-year moratorium appeared first on The Cannabist.
Like sipping kombucha? Try a cannabis-infused variety next
House Kombucha plans to produce a cannabis-infused beverage.
The post Like sipping kombucha? Try a cannabis-infused variety next appeared first on The Cannabist.
More Articles ...
- Five things to keep in mind entering a regulated market
- Why cannabis sponsors the cleanup of more Colorado highway miles than any other industry
- Boston's would-be pot entrepreneurs lie in wait as city slow-walks new marijuana licensing board
- Hemp farmer shares his adventures, misadventures
- State cannabis regulations remain complex, but growers steadily becoming compliant
- California marijuana regulations remain complex, but growers steadily becoming compliant
- Movement to decriminalize 'magic mushrooms' gains steam
- Man sentenced for bribing 2 New Jersey postal workers to deliver packages of marijuana shipped from California
- Pro-pot Christian sect boards Trump train
- Cleveland and Austin decrim adult cannabis use
- The Lodge dispensary in Denver recalls marijuana products with high yeast and mold levels
- Cannabis industry group: Regulate, don’t ban vapes
- Chernobyl: The strongest Cannabis strains
- Man busted for edible marijuana with Cookie Crisp cereal logo: Police
- NY man charged after cops find over 360 pounds of alleged pot in traffic stop
- House subcommittee looks at pathways to legalization
- Bill would scrutinize deals between communities, pot firms
- Executives: ‘What it takes’ to lead in today’s business landscape
- Suspect charged in armed robbery of Denver marijuana dispensary -- may be connected to 5 others
- Social CBD Launches #NaturallyNicer Gummy Line