Vegas waiting to see how Denver's social marijuana venues work out before trying them
Las Vegas officials have decided to wait until Denver approves the nation’s first marijuana club before they further discuss licensing lounges in Sin City.
Town that voted yes to recreational marijuana legalization votes no to sales
Voters in Milford, Massachusetts have banned cannabis shops and other marijuana businesses from operating in town despite supporting recreational legalization last year.
Massachusetts court: Roadside drunk driving tests not valid for suspected weed
Massachusetts' highest court ruled Tuesday that field sobriety tests typically used in drunken-driving cases cannot be treated as conclusive evidence that a motorist was operating under the influence of marijuana.
DC Councilmember Looks to Medical Marijuana to Help Fight Opioid Crisis
WASHINGTON, DC — District of Columbia Councilmember David Grosso introduced improvements to the nation’s capitol’s medical marijuana program Tuesday, recognizing the power of cannabis to fight the opioid crisis. The Medical Marijuana Improvement Amendment Act of 2017 reduces major barriers that previously existed in D.C.’s medical cannabis program. Councilmember Grosso is joined by Councilmembers Vincent […]
Dr. Oz surprises hosts of "Fox & Friends" by talking about America's marijuana "hypocrisy"
Oz echoed many researchers, who have found marijuana effective in dealing with chronic pain and states with medical marijuana see fewer opiate deaths.
Pennsylvania Democratic Party Adopts Marijuana Legalization Into Policy Platform
Earlier this month, citing racism, bigotry, and mass-incarceration, the Pennsylvania Democratic Party adopted a resolution to “support Democratic candidates and policies which promote the full repeal of cannabis prohibition by its removal from the Controlled Substances Act, and to support the creation of new laws which regulate it in a manner similar to other culturally […]
Premiere: Canna Cribs goes inside the marijuana industry's leading grow ops
Episode 1 of Canna Cribs by Growers Network takes viewers to Elite Garden's cutting edge California marijuana cultivation Glass House.
Cannabis POW: Open letter from a federal prison
By Luke Scarmazzo Some of you may be familiar with my story, for those of you who aren’t, I am serving 22 years in federal prison for running a state-compliant marijuana dispensary. In the federal system, with good behavior, I must serve 19 years of it. Federal cannabis prisoner Luke Scarmazzo speaks from solitary confinement. […]
What West Virginia's medical cannabis program looks like so far
Following the passage of a landmark medical cannabis bill last session, West Virginia's Bureau for Public Health has been working to roll out the program.
100 Massachusetts towns have voted for weed bans, moratoriums or zoning restrictions
Many Massachusetts towns are closing the door to retail marijuana stores, raising questions about how strong a foothold the cannabis industry can achieve.
Court hears appeal by Denver 4/20 organizer regarding 3-year ban
Whether the man behind Denver's recent 4/20 rally will get another go at the marijuana-centric event will soon rest in the hands of an administrative hearing officer.
Man arrested in dispensary kidnapping confesses on television
A man arrested in the kidnapping of a Cheney marijuana store employee has given a jailhouse confession to a Spokane television station.
Hundreds wait in three hour line to apply to be an Arkansas medical marijuana biz
Would-be growers and distributors of Arkansas' first medical marijuana crop flooded a state office building, turning in thousands of pages of paperwork and thousands of dollars in application fees.
Fearing feds, pharmacy school cancels classes on growing medical marijuana
The University of Maryland pharmacy school has cancelled classes on growing medical marijuana, concerned about how the Trump Administration will enforce federal marijuana laws.
Sarasota, Florida plotting workaround to comply with state MMJ laws
Sarasota, Florida city leaders are planning to work around a state law to try to more closely regulate where medical marijuana dispensaries can operate.
New Hampshire’s Marijuana Decriminalization Law Takes Effect
CONCORD, NH — New Hampshire’s bill decriminalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana officially took effect on Saturday, making New Hampshire the 22nd state in the nation — and the last of the New England states — to eliminate the possibility of jail time for simple marijuana possession. “The governor and Legislature both deserve a […]
More Articles ...
- Medical Marijuana Patients Reduce Prescription Drug Use, Study Finds
- Colorado County’s Marijuana Tax Program Will Provide $420,000 in College Scholarships This Fall
- Creator of the "Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" reflects on weed's long, strange trip
- Los Angeles races to get ready to be biggest legal marijuana market in world
- Louisiana's medical marijuana patients could get access by mid-2018
- Arkansas braces for hundreds of last-minute medical marijuana biz apps
- Cannabis reform moves uptown to Manhattan
- How the War on Drugs crushed California greenhouses and cannabis legalization is bringing them back
- Latest Nevada court move freezes cannabis distribution system until October
- Body of kidnapped Washington budtender found
- Opinion: Special session a good idea to fix Colorado cannabis tax error
- 10-year-old and his mother arrested when he tries to sell her weed stash
- More adults smoke cannabis; teens just say, “Later”
- Mississippi cop resigns after threat to black motorist recorded on body cam
- New Hampshire's new cannabis decriminalization law: What you need to know
- This pregnant ganjapreneur gets why stressed-out moms may seek weed relief
- Terra Tech buys marijuana dispensary co-owned by The Game
- S03E22: She's a medical marijuana refugee who started her own weed PR firm
- Cannabist Show: She's a medical marijuana refugee who started her own weed PR firm
- Brown should veto beach ban on smoking, vaping